Sunday 11 July 2010

Hell's Gate

Slugs have an amazing and never-ending appetite, plowing through tender greenery faster than my beloved deer. It is very difficult for me to smoosh a slug, so I have succumb to beer. Having purchased a slug trap that uses beer as a lure the next step is to find beer. What do I see in the local liquor store. A beer made in British Columbia called "Hell's Gate". How appropriate is that!! Indeed, they pass through hell's gate, a one way trip. Happy slugs, happy innkeeper. FYI: slugs creep into the entrance, find one of the three drinking pools and voila, drown my sorrows.

Can you believe this tiny little field mouse? Sleeping so soundly and almost smooshed under my foot. The cedar leaves it rests on are no bigger than your eyebrows, the pine cone about 5cm (2"). My camera lens not less than 2.5cm (1") away at times.

Come visit Gibsons and the Sunshine Coast of Canada

No comments: